Identity Week is recognized as an unmissable identity event! NEC National Security Systems (NSS) was proud to be the title sponsor for this year’s conference, October 3-4 in Washington, DC.
NEC NSS kicked off the event with a keynote, "Delivering the Future Today," which was co-presented by NEC NSS President Kathleen Kiernan and NEC Laboratories America President Chris White. Spotlighting the speed of innovation to address the speed of threat, they described new AI technologies that go beyond face recognition to anomaly and intrusion perimeter detection, fiber sensing, and more. The interactive discussion examined use cases for increasing trust in the modern decentralized digital identity ecosystem.
Immersive demos were key features at our booth, including:
- NEC’s Gateless Entry combines the #1 face algorithm with proprietary person re-identification technology to allow fast and reliable entry control at speed for groups of people. Even if people are facing away from the camera or their bodies are occluded, Gateless Entry provides accurate matching.
- Iris & Face on the Move offers the most advanced, robust and flexible identity authentication. Because a person’s iris pattern is unique, the solution delivers safe, convenient access to highly secure areas, businesses, government buildings, military bases, as well as stadiums, theme parks and more.
- Intelligent Perimeter Intrusion Detection System (IPIDS) uses cutting-edge technology, industry-leading detection rates, and low false alarms to detect unauthorized entry quickly and accurately. This capability is a leap forward for the protection of Critical Infrastructure and the Defense Industrial Base (DIB), increasing efficiencies and lowering costs.
Our team members described success stories and the latest advancements in authentication technologies during panel discussions and roundtables:
- A panel discussion on Decentralized Identity with Jason Van Sice, Vice President of Aviation at NEC Corporation of America, fostered an in-depth discussion on how AI transforms digital identity management.
- Austin Park, Director of Software Development at NEC NSS, led a panel discussion on AI, Automation and Machine Learning that focused on how AI is transforming identity management, concerns and issues related to AI, along with validation, governance and policy signals.
- AI, Machine Learning and Identity: Differences, Similarities and Utilities Roundtable led by Frank Sangiorgi Senior Account Manager and Elena Harner, Solutions Engineer from NEC NSS, underscored how computer vision are rapidly evolving technologies. NEC’s active R&D keeps U.S. solutions on the forefront.
- Triple Threat Detection: Identity, Video Analytics and Acoustics for Multi-Layered Intrusion Detection Roundtable led by Kelly Kipferl, Director of Solutions Engineering at NEC NSS and Dave Cunningham, Vice President of Marketing Strategy at Network Integrity Systems, led a roundtable discussion that looked at how fiber sensing provides real-time awareness, secures facilities and perimeters, including national borders, military compounds, data centers, diplomatic outposts and more.
NEC NSS hosted an uplifting networking event at our booth, celebrating the remarkable innovations within our industry, as well as the dedication of our colleagues in public safety, defense, military and government. The “on the tech floor” reception allowed for continuing conversations and some outstanding partnering opportunities.