Fans of investigative TV shows may feel like they’re up on the latest technologies about forensic evidence and crime scene processing, but the real pros were at the International Association for Identification (IAI) Conference.
The 106th IAI Conference was held July 31 – August 6, 2022, at the CHI Health Center in Omaha, Nebraska. As the world’s largest organized industry event, the conference featured cutting-edge forensics and biometric technology for law enforcement, state and local government and other agencies focused on public safety.
Transforming Public Safety and Security with Identification Technologies
We were honored to be a leading sponsor at the IAI Conference, including a booth that was front and center of the exhibition hall. Our theme, “Identity Reimagined,” spotlighted NEC’s Digital Platform and the latest advancements to revolutionize law enforcement investigations.
Knowing the law enforcement and biometric community wants hands-on demos, each section of our booth was highly interactive and educational, featuring:
- Integrated Biometric Workstation (IBW) – Designed for ease of use, NEC’s IBW can be operated with a tablet, enabling forensic examiners to identify more offenders faster, for more efficient, effective crime solving.
- SmartScan™ Station – A sleek, scalable, secure and easy to manage fingerprint, palm print, facial and iris livescan kiosk.
- RapidHit – Simple, single sample real-time rapid DNA analyzer allows collection and processing of arrestee cheek swab or evidence sample in 90 minutes.
- NeoFace® Reveal – Face recognition platform that reliably captures, enhances, organizes and matches video and graphic images to specific individuals.
- Mobile WAY – A unified cloud platform for rapid search of federal, state and local law enforcement biometric database. The subscription-based Software as a Service (SaaS) model makes Mobile WAY cost-effective for any size agency.
Protecting the Public with Biometric Technology
With more than 1,000 biometric authentication systems in approximately 70 countries and regions around the world, NEC is a trusted partner that state and local government can rely on to help protect communities and ensure public safety.
In fact, the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) matching algorithm recognition benchmarks have consistently proven that NEC’s biometric technologies have the fastest and most accurate face and fingerprint recognition algorithm. NIST also recognizes NEC with the most resilient facial recognition technologies for viewing low angles, low resolution images and poor image quality.
We were excited to share successes and best practices at the IAI Conference and look forward to next year’s event!
Discover more and schedule a demo or contact us directly.
Contact Us Today
Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Fill out the form, and we will get back with you.