Recently, we hosted our annual International Biometrics Association (IBA) Users’ Conference at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth in Irving, Texas. My sincere gratitude goes out to everyone who helped to plan an exciting ‘comeback conference’ post COVID-19 that included an educational program, interactive exhibit showroom and informative product updates and presentations.
As a side note, I would like to point out how much I enjoyed that the conference was in person with almost 80 new and longtime attendees. I think we can all agree that we accomplish so much more with in-person meetings and networking!
This year’s conference focus was on the new risks and challenges faced by law enforcement and public safety officials. Now, officers and first-responders alike must have their health and safety protected on-the-go. Several conference attendees have faced tremendous adversity in recent months. The awards and evening activities were an opportunity to recognize their hard work and dedication to public safety.
Awards and Evening Activities
These award recipients were nominated by their peers with their cases being solved using NEC technology. Please join me in extending another round of congratulations to the following individuals:
IBA Biometric Hit of The Year Award Recipients:
- 2020, Detective Earl Fisher, Arizona Department of Transportation
- 2021, Shannon Pounders, Virginia State Police
- 2021, Detective Dennis Luis, Phoenix Police Department
NEC Employee of The Year:
- 2020, Dennis O’Neil, Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department
- 2021, Jessica Fuchino, NEC
Technology Solutions and Products Highlights
At the conference we were excited to share updates to help solve or minimize these challenges. Our conference sessions included updates on the latest technology trends such as facial recognition, personal safety and the rapid collection of DNA during livescan arrest bookings and contactless fingerprint capture. With the announcement that NEC Face Recognition has again ranked first in the world by NIST, biometrics technology was the hot topic of the conference.
Product highlights revealed NEC solutions for:
- Mobile-friendly contactless capture and rapid multi-agency search of biometric databases with NEC Mobile WAY
- Livescan biometrics technology for multimodal images with NEC SmartScan including integrated Rapid DNA Collection
- Field-tested id management and scene processing with NEC Digital Platform
- Faster identification of offenders and greater precision of latent investigation for effective crime-solving with NEC Integra-ID Biometric Workstation
I would like to give a special thanks to the Irving Police Department for serving as the host police department at this year’s event. They were instrumental in creating an inviting environment for conference attendees and brought a Texas-sized level of southern charm and hospitality.
We look forward to seeing everyone at the 2022 IBA Conference in Indianapolis, Indiana where we plan to continue to partner and bring innovative solutions to law enforcement agencies and invest in biometrics, digital identity and multimodal recognition solutions.
Contact Us Today
Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Fill out the form, and we will get back with you.