The Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA) played host to Future Travel Experience 2023. FTE Global was co-located with APEX (The Airline Passenger Experience Association) and IFSA (International Flight Service Association) Expo, making this the definitive event for innovators, technologists, designers, collaborators, and game changers in the air travel industry. NEC was proud to be the Diamond Sponsor of the event, including the Biometrics & Digital Identity Summit sponsorship.
Biometrics & Digital Identity Summit
The Biometrics and Digital Identity Summit brought in a packed house with Maurice Jenkins, Chief Innovation Officer, Miami International Airport, serving as moderator for a candid talk among industry leaders about their experiences using digital identity solutions including:
- Nael Samha, Acting Executive Director, Targeting and Analysis Systems Program Directorate, U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- Chang Ellison, Identity Management Capability Manager, Enrollment, ID Proofing, and Vetting, Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
- Christian Draeger, Vice President of Customer Experience, Star Alliance
- Forest Beattie, Senior Manager Solution Engineer, SITA
- Devon Heyns, Director of Customer Innovation at United Airlines, spotlighted the airline’s digital identity strategies.
- Jenns Sanner, Program Manager at Fraport, presented the compelling business case for Frankfurt Airport to make one of the largest investments in biometrics to date with NEC.
- Bill Carleton, Director, Advanced Recognition Systems, NEC Corporation of America, showcased the progressive digital identity solutions for airports, airlines, urban air mobility, cruise and hotel industries NEC is moving forward today.
Award-Winning Booth and “Identity Reimagined” Demos
We were thrilled to have our interactive booth recognized with the Best Exhibitor Award during the Global Networking Party and Awards Ceremony! Our booth showcased solutions that brought forward the notion of “Identity Reimagined,” using advanced recognition systems and leading-edge biometrics for secure, streamlined digital identity solutions, including:
- Decentralized Identity (DID) Enrollment and Authentication – Digital enrollment using the NEC I:Delight platform on IOS/Android/Microsoft devices.
- Baggage Detection Solutions – Object detection solution based on real-time video streaming and analytics.
- Intelligent Perimeter Detection – Detects physical border and facility breach using fiber optic sensing and self-modifying, machine-learning-based AI.
- Intelligent Spaces – Detects behavior and dwell time in specific areas for security and operation in airports.
- Parallel Reality™ Experiences – Technology from Misapplied Sciences creates personalized airport experiences for each of a hundred people simultaneously sharing the same digital display.
NEC and Misapplied Sciences also hosted an exclusive showroom tour to showcase, “Personalized Airports powered by Parallel Realities™ Technology.” Attendees were wowed as they explored the immersive and interactive capabilities and personalized airport experiences while simultaneously sharing the same digital display.
Learn more about the ways NEC can help you take travel to new heights with Digital ID. Contact us today.