As posted in our online newsroom this week, NEC Corporation of America (NEC) is the proud recipient of Cisco’s Enterprise Partner of the Year award for the regional theater covering the United States and Canada. Cisco unveiled the winners, awarded for their performance during Cisco’s fiscal 2009, on April 28 at its annual channel partner conference in San Francisco.
We believe our focus on vertical industries and the role of end users has given us an edge as we counsel customers on the business issues that matter most to them. Some examples of this focus in recent years include:
- Helping the University of Arizona connect better with students and faculty on its large university campus;
- Helping to improve workflow efficiency in a healthcare setting, specifically our unified clinical communications example at the University of Colorado Hospital;
- Helping customers sleep better at night by outsourcing the management of their network to us.
In addition to aligning our vertical business and technical expertise to meet the needs of customers, we’ve also worked hard to maintain and grow our Cisco partnership by investing in the necessary training and resources. Some of the milestones we reached along the way include:
- Achieved Masters Security Certification
- Achieved Masters Managed Services Channel Partner status in the areas of Contact Center and Security
- Delivered technical knowledge and expertise to customers via 11 different Cisco Advanced Technology areas
As a result, we achieved a 39 percent year-over-year increase in joint NEC-Cisco wins over the period covering Cisco’s 2008 fiscal year.